Monday, January 14, 2008

Thanks Lacy!

Thank you Lacy for checking out my new blog. I did not know that others could not comment. I have fixed the problem. Comment away!

Go Wildcats! They had an exciting win over Houston last week. What a difference Bayless makes. I hope he stays healthy the rest of the season, because we really need him on the court. Budginger and Hill deserve credit as well. I love Arizona Basketball!

Sooo, quilting is very labor intensive. I cannot believe people love to do it. I do not necessarily hate it, I just would not call it my favorite thing to do. My appreciation has increased for those who do this as a hobby or job. Tomorrow, Julie and I are having a "quilting party" to try and knock out these 2 baby quilts for the auction. I may have a hard time parting with them once they are done. Stay tuned for pictures of my progress.

I made Baklava for the first time on Saturday. It turned out pretty good. I received lots of positive feedback and requests for the recipe. The process was a little more labor intensive than most things I make, but well worth the effort. Thank goodness for already made phyllo dough. This dessert is "pure buttery sweetness", according to one person's comment.

Update on the donkey cake birthday party: donkey cake out, pretty cupcakes in!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried to comment the other day. I'm glad it works. When I first got the invite to your blog I thought it was from and old highschool friend. Much to my suprise it was an even older friend, (not in age, but in life) my Sister!! I want to say you are a nerd for being a blogger but really, I think it's cool. Now I can spy on you! I love you, and miss you.

lacy lee said...

Hooray for comments! They are the only real reason I keep a blog :)

Quilting has long baffled me. So good job on sticking with it. Bacclava has long baffled me also. But it's the bomb.