
I just want to start by saying that Greg gave me permission to share this story. Though I would probably share it even if he told me not to, because it is too funny not to talk about it. Tonight, Greg was walking out the french doors to the side yard and I noticed that he let a huge bug in. Luckily I stopped him from accidentally smashing it in the door frame. I turned the light on and we saw that it was a huge praying mantis. Greg did not want to smash it so he grabbed a paper towel to gently catch it and put it outside. Just as he was about to grab it, the praying mantis flew up into the air and then straight to his eye. It landed on his cheek just below the eye and he freaked out. I am not even exaggerating when I say that he screamed and started flailing his arms. He started yelling, "Where is it?, Where is it?". It landed on the entertainment center and then crawled up on the TV. I got a large plastic cup and then he coaxed it into the cup and took it outside. My description of the situation does not do it justice, but believe me when I say it was hilarious. This is the guy who loves to watch scary movies (he did not think "The Ring" was scary) and who did not hesitate to follow, on foot, a guy who broke into cars, until the police caught up to them. Next time you see him, yell "Watch out, praying mantis!" and watch him duck for cover. I love my brave husband!
4 comments:
HA!!!! Thats fantastic!!! Dont' worry, I will tease him as much as I can next time I see him!!!
That's too funny!
LOL! Phil said he would have acted the same way!
Hey Erin, I just came across your blog from Kelsy's that I check regularly of course, to see my cute grandson and thought I would say "hi" and tell how much I laughed reading the story about Greg. A whole new side of him! We will pray for him. :)
Michelle
Post a Comment