
Tomorrow morning around 5:00am, marks my 32nd year on this earth. I usually am a little thrilled when it is my birthday because I can eat cake and open gifts. Who doesn't like cake and presents? This year though, I feel nothing. Tomorrow is just another busy day to me. There's swim class and play dates, a YW's activity and then a soccer game. I don't even think my kids know it is my birthday. I am not disappointed though. There is really nothing glamorous about turning 32. The carefree childhood days have long gone. My teenage years seem like they were in a different lifetime (maybe it's the 90's hairstyle). College and the 20's just flew by and now I am in the 30's. I remember being a young girl and thinking, when I am a Mom in my 30's, then I will be a grownup. Am I a grownup now? Secretly, I sometimes want to be a rock star with a bad attitude and lots of tattoos. Other days, I think it would be fun to join a motorcycle gang and travel across the country, wearing leather chaps and sporting lots of tattoos. Every once in a while I dream of playing on the U.S. Women's Soccer team and traveling around the world. Then I hear a child crying in the background and I am brought back to reality. Oh yeah, I have a husband and kids and something called responsibility. To those around me and especially to my kids, I appear to be an adult. Between you and me though, I am secretly a still a daydreaming kid at heart.
3 comments:
This is shamefully late, but happy birthday!
Happy Birthday!!!
You look GREAT!
I feel similar, sometimes I want to dye my hair purple or pink and become an extreme skydiver or something really exotic and travel the world. Ha!
Anyways, Happy birthday Erin, sorry this is so late!
Post a Comment