

I did it! I completed the 1/2 marathon in 2 hours and 15 minutes, 15 minutes under what I anticipated finishing. I had a great experience. My college roommate, Lacy Mayberry, ran the race with me. We stayed in Prescott Friday night and ran the race Saturday morning at 7:00. It was a little bit chilly when we started running, but after the first mile we were warmed up. The weather was perfect for running, sunny and cool. The scenery was beautiful and the town of Prescott quaint. We found out the night before that the first 6.5 miles were uphill. Brutal! The second half of the race was obviously much better. Surprisingly I felt great after the race. My knee started hurting Saturday evening, but by Sunday the pain had been replaced by soreness in my legs. Today I feel fine. I had so much fun with the whole experience that I have decided to run a full marathon sometime later this year. I know that I said I would never run a marathon, but after finishing the race I feel like I can do it. I am so lucky to have a supportive husband. I could not have done this without Greg's encouragement and love. I also have to thank Morgan and Taylor for encouraging me with their mantra, "I think I can, I think I can!". Now I know that I really can.
2 comments:
that's awesome, congrats on the half marathon!
Great time Erin!
Post a Comment